Thursday, March 10, 2016


What is the best thing I am proud of? My thing isn't really that grand, or anything ridiculous. I've always thought that the best things in life are, well, mostly cheap. But anyway, what am I good at? Of course some of you would say, "I am good at being a child of my parents!" or like, "I believe that no matter what you're good at, always be humble and love the ones who loved you from the start!" and here I am, bragging about my silly thing and not bragging about my parents or my love for them. But here goes, this is my blog anyway so yeah... Okay, the one thing that I am good at is playing instruments. I've always liked music. I really don't know why. It makes me calm, cool, and collected. Anyway, the main purpose of this blog is to show you guys how to play an instrument; in this case a guitar.
So, the first thing you should do is get a guitar, obviously. (hehe) Then after getting a guitar (winks), make sure that the strings are in the right tune. You can download an app for guitar tuners, etc. Turn the string knobs until the tune is right; and don't be afraid of the strings slapping you in the face in case it break. It's only a matter of time before the strings have their revenge on you. So, after you've corrected the tune of the guitar.
Then let's proceed to the fun part. The actual playing of guitars. As you've experienced, (this is for people who are inexperienced in playing the guitar) for once in your life you've tried to strum randomly a guitar. Maybe annoy a classmate who's playing, or like asking them, "Huy turuan mo naman ako mag-guitar! Paano yung 'A'?" And then trying really hard to learn the 'A' chord and inevitably you'll say, "Huhuhu hirap naman eh, sakit sa kamay, Baka naman magdugo na yung kamay ko? Huhuhu ayaw ko magka-kalyo kamay ko. Ayoko na nga." (Apir sa mga guitar players diyan whooo) Well, now is the time to get serious if you really want to know how to play a guitar. It's okay if it's your first time to play and just randomly strum the guitar up and down. First, just keep in mind that the strings won't slap you in the face if you strum too hard. (evil laughs) Then, try to press the strings onto the frets as hard as you can. (this can hurt your fingers reaaaaaaally bad) Just do it again and again everyday until you can easily press the strings. After that, proceed in learning the chords of a simple song. Just do it. There are two things that you need to keep in mind while playing the guitar, the rhythm of your strums, and the transition of your fingers when changing chords. So let's go to the strumming parts. Now, songs are of course differ in tone, and beat. And there are two easy sets of strumming pattern. Basically, the one is an "down, down, up, up, down, down" Try to listen to the song repeatedly until you get the rhythm right. And the other one is, "down, down, up, up, down, up, up, down, up" and just like the first, always listen to the song to get in the rhythm. That's all you need to know in playing a guitar!
Let's recap:

  • Get a guitar
  • Get the guitar in the right tune
  • Don't be afraid of the strings breaking
  • Be serious
  • Hone your fingers in pressing the strings
  • Getting the right rhythm
And people, the KEY to playing the guitar is to ALWAYS listen to the song you're playing. Memorize the song into your mind so that you will easily get the rhythm of the song!
So that's it for my blog! I hope you enjoyed it! :)
- Cruz, Julian Arcee G.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment