Thursday, March 10, 2016

How to make your parents proud

Lazy, stupid and stubborn at times. That is the best way to describe myself whenever I'm at home. Yeah, I am lazy, stupid, and stubborn but I can say that behind of all those traits, I still know how to make my parents proud of me. I am not good at anything. I mean, I am not confident enough to say that I can do a perfect job. But listing all the things I know, I can say that making my parents proud is where I am good at. I am not a perfect daughter. I told you! I am lazy and stubborn, but I am sensitive enough to know when and how to make them proud. So how to make your parents proud?

First, ALWAYS TELL THEM THAT YOU LOVE THEM. I know it is corny because we are teenagers and we are not showy about our feelings towards our parents. But I am telling you, this is very important.

Second, NEVER LIE TO THEM. Our parents is our parents. We should tell them what we are doing and where we are going.

Third, NEVER BREAK THEIR TRUST. This is related with the second step. Our parents care for us. They are not just ordinary people that helps us. They are important and whatever we do, we still owe them our lives.

Fourth, ALWAYS OBEY THEM. Whether you like it or not, if it is reasonable then you should obey your parents. They know what's best for you because they know every bit of you.

Last, LEARN FROM THEM. We should learn all the lessons we get from them. They have the best experiences in life. Believe me, when they scold us or reprimand us, they were just passing all their learnings to us. So we should  take it and apply it.

You should not try this, instead give all your best to do it. It does not matter whether we try it or not. What matters the most is that we do it not for ourselves but for them. It is a failure for our parents seeing us not learning from them. Do not let them feel that they failed in raising you. Make them proud. :)



-Mary Joy A. Villalino     BSE-English 2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment